We all know what a pet peeve is, but apparently no one knows where the term came from. Searching through the Internet yields no concrete answer. The past week has been a very annoying week for some reason. Usually things don’t bother me, but I have had a lot of stuff happen this past week that has set me off a bit. Here are 5 pet peeves that I experienced this past week.
1. If you don’t know the answer, don’t try to come up with one out of thin air. If I ask a question, it’s because I want to know the answer, not an assumption. I am intelligent enough to guess what the answer may be. If you are trying to impress me with your “knowledge”, you aren’t. You are simply aggravating me because you are wasting my time.
2. Wash your freakin hands after you go to the bathroom sir! CAN YOU PEE INSIDE THE FREAKIN URINAL SIR, SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE USING THAT URINAL AFTER YOU DON’T HAVE TO STAND IN YOUR PUDDLE OF URINE? I hate using public restrooms. I am not a germophobe, but the bathroom is a disgusting place. I don’t touch the door handle with my hand. I do not flush the toilet with my hand either, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS (you should see me flushing the urinal with my foot – yes, I am pretty flexible!). But what really annoys me is seeing someone at the gym not washing his hands. Is it really that hard? I guess it is so hard that everyone who uses a machine after you has to share in your filth. THANKS PAL!
3. If you put a list on the Internet, don’t make it a list of pictures that I have to click through one by one in order to set the whole list. Listen here, website programmer, your list is not captivating enough for me to sit through clicking for ten minutes just to find out what you think are the top 20 franchises to buy. There are 100 other sites that have the same information. You just lost me as a reader!
4. Parents with small children – FAST FOOD PLACES ARE FOR CHILDREN, sit down restaurants are for adults. Please find a babysitter if you want to go to dinner at a restaurant. If I am paying $100 for a meal for two, I don’t want to listen to your child throw a tantrum because he is tired, sick, hungry, not hungry, or just a plain ole pain in the ass. I have an 8 year old. I wouldn’t think of bringing him to a restaurant if I thought he would cause a scene. Please, please, if you are going to a restaurant, don’t torture me by bringing your whining kid.
5. HEY PEOPLE, I realize that this gas station has gas that is 3 cents per gallon lower than the one down the street, but do you have to wait in line and block the damn road just to save 3 cents per gallon? I was driving down the street and people were backed up waiting for gas at a gas station that had gas at $3.79. Down the street the gas was $3.82 and there wasn’t one car at this station. HEY GENIUSES, DO SOME MATH. 15 gallons times 3 cents saves you 45 cents. The strange thing is, if I threw 9 nickels on the ground in a parking lot, most people wouldn’t pick it up because they feel that they are “above” picking change up off the ground. Yet, they will wait 15 minutes idling in their car to save 45 cents.
Okay, I feel better now. Back to finances tomorrow. Thank you blogging world for providing me an outlet for my frustration!
Do you have any pet peeves that you would like to share?